AVU ARCHIVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The archive of information

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Talking To My Roomie

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Talking To My Roomie Empty
PostSubject: Talking To My Roomie   Talking To My Roomie Empty29th December 2011, 9:51 am

Things were back to normal in AVU after the time reset so I found myself back in my room and of course Mark, my new roommate and friend happened to be here as well. I was laying on my bed when I looked over at him and spoke.

Tristan Hall
Hey Mark, I'm glad you're back.

It might have been really simple but I was definitly sadder when Mark had died and now I was glad he was back and I'd have a chance to actually build a friendship with him.
Back to top Go down
Mark Burke

Mark Burke

SET : C
Male Posts : 195
Partner : -
Friends :
Leon Ryder
Ian Lowry
Jecht Carson
Quinn Phoenix
Sandra Davies [Mum]
Tristan Hall
Teacher : Professor McKinley

PostSubject: Re: Talking To My Roomie   Talking To My Roomie Empty3rd January 2012, 3:04 am

- I was sitting on the bed playing a game that Ian had suggested before looking at Tristan.

Mark Burke
Thanks.

- I look back at the screen. Tristan was super strange most of the time, so it was no shock to hear him say something stupid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Talking To My Roomie   Talking To My Roomie Empty3rd January 2012, 3:33 am

I look over at Mark and he seems so immersed in his video game that he was playing. I did not want to come off as totally weird so I went over to him and and sat on his bed.

Tristan Hall
Enjoying your game?

He looks up briefly and nods before his eyes go back to his game. I take a quick breath and speak to him again.

Tristan Hall
Would you be willing to sometime teach me how to play video games?
Back to top Go down
Mark Burke

Mark Burke

Friends :
Leon Ryder
Ian Lowry
Jecht Carson
Quinn Phoenix
Sandra Davies [Mum]
Tristan Hall

PostSubject: Re: Talking To My Roomie   Talking To My Roomie Empty3rd January 2012, 5:14 am

- I look at him for a second before switching my eyes back to the racing game.

Mark Burke
Which kind?

- I smirk at him and pause.

Mark Burke
There are all different kinds and genres. Are you telling me you have never played a video game before?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Talking To My Roomie   Talking To My Roomie Empty3rd January 2012, 5:21 am

I rub the back of my neck slightly....oh boy.

Tristan Hall
I...uhhhhhhh......no?

Way to sound like an uber dork, Trist.

Tristan Hall
My grandparents never let me have a video game system and well, I didn't have any real friends growing up. But anyhow, tell me more about them and what you might think I might like.

I look at Mark, wondering what he'll say to this new revelation.
Back to top Go down
Mark Burke

Mark Burke

Friends :
Leon Ryder
Ian Lowry
Jecht Carson
Quinn Phoenix
Sandra Davies [Mum]
Tristan Hall

PostSubject: Re: Talking To My Roomie   Talking To My Roomie Empty4th January 2012, 12:12 pm

- I laugh and reset the console, taking out the disk and putting it into the correct box. I pick up a wrestling game and put it into the console, waiting for it to load.

Mark Burke
You come from a different world.

- I unravel a pad, plug it in and hand him a second one.

Mark Burke
All games are different but, you know WWE right? If not then just pick a someone, guy or girl and then mash buttons. I don't have time to teach you, so you should probably practice alone. Computer games are not really for some people. Its not really a thing you can teach Tristan.

- I smirk.

Mark Burke
Weirdo.

- I nudge him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Talking To My Roomie   Talking To My Roomie Empty4th January 2012, 12:19 pm

I just laugh as I roll my eyes a little.

Tristan Hall
Yeah, yeah, lets see who the weirdo is once we play.

I smile as Mark just shakes his head back at me, yeah, I'm totally nuts to think I'm going to beat video game expert at his thing. The start up screen goes and Mark sets it up so that I can pick a person.

Tristan Hall
Hmmmmm, who to be, who to be?

I knew the WWE, it was kind of a dirty little secret I kept from my grandparents, they would never have approved in a million years. I moved around the screen before picking a superstar: Evan Bourne.

Tristan Hall
Who are you going to be?
Back to top Go down
Mark Burke

Mark Burke

Friends :
Leon Ryder
Ian Lowry
Jecht Carson
Quinn Phoenix
Sandra Davies [Mum]
Tristan Hall

PostSubject: Re: Talking To My Roomie   Talking To My Roomie Empty4th January 2012, 12:29 pm

- I pick someone.

Mark Burke
Triple H, ofcourse.

- I smirk, pressing start and the loading screen pops up.

Mark Burke
Did you call your grandparents when we arrived back in this altered timeline?

- I questioned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Talking To My Roomie   Talking To My Roomie Empty4th January 2012, 12:35 pm

I sighed a little as I spoke.

Tristan Hall
I had thought about it, but they told me when I came out here that I needed to start my own life. I love my grandparents but as I got older, they became somewhat resentful of me, like I was a bigger burden to them than I should be.

I frown slightly but I try to push the sad thought out of my head.

Tristan Hall
Speaking of parents, have you had a chance to really sit and talk with your mom?
Back to top Go down
Mark Burke

Mark Burke

Friends :
Leon Ryder
Ian Lowry
Jecht Carson
Quinn Phoenix
Sandra Davies [Mum]
Tristan Hall

PostSubject: Re: Talking To My Roomie   Talking To My Roomie Empty4th January 2012, 12:47 pm

- I look at him and nod.

Mark Burke
We had a really long talk on the phone because of how busy she is with being a teacher in the castle. I think we cleared everything that we both needed to say to each other, and build a trust again after all the lies and secrets.

- I think back to the talk we had.

Mark Burke
I know me and Sawyer will never fully get along with each other, thing is.. they need time with each other again. It must have been a heavy load to carry with them all this time, and now.. its all been lifted and they are all together again. Can you imagine how that must feel for the six of them. They all need a lot of time together, but I know me and mum when she is ready.. will answer everything I need to know.

- I look at him and question something he said.

Mark Burke
Are you telling me they funded for you to come to a sought after place like AVU, so they could just wipe their hands of you now your here? I know everyone has to grow up but Tristan.. that seems a little harsh. Do they give you any support at all?

- I multi task and play while having a conversation with him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Talking To My Roomie   Talking To My Roomie Empty4th January 2012, 12:58 pm

I shake my head slowly while playing the game with Mark, it was more fun than I expected it to be.

Tristan Hall
They've really never understood how to deal with me, they were ready to retire and not be parents when my mom died giving birth to me. They want me to be successful but that's where it begins and ends.

I nod.

Tristan Hall
But its okay, I'm used to being on my own as much as it's been a challenge. I don't hold resentment towards them, there's no point in letting it bother me. But this is fun, Mark, thanks for playing with me.

I flash another quick smile at him as I attempted to get the subject off of me, because it was sad and depressing and I didn't want to see Mark be sad at my expense. He was such a cool guy and I was glad he was becoming my friend.
Back to top Go down
Mark Burke

Mark Burke

Friends :
Leon Ryder
Ian Lowry
Jecht Carson
Quinn Phoenix
Sandra Davies [Mum]
Tristan Hall

PostSubject: Re: Talking To My Roomie   Talking To My Roomie Empty4th January 2012, 1:11 pm

- I smirk.

Mark Burke
I don't think anyone is ever fully on their own in this place with classes and such.

- I laugh having helped him throw someone out of the Royal Rumble.

Mark Burke
I am always here if you need to talk to someone.. onto another complex subject for you.. Justin?

- I look at him while the game was loading again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Talking To My Roomie   Talking To My Roomie Empty4th January 2012, 1:19 pm

I sigh slightly, the complexness that is Justin.

Tristan Hall
Justin is.....Justin. He always shows me glimmers that he might care about me more than he lets on but then he shoves me away. I can't help but like him but I need to get over him, like Scott told me to.

I nod my head, it was time to move on.

Tristan Hall
So I'm just going to try to live as normal a life as I can, for me. Try to make friends, have some fun and maybe meet someone who does like me as much as I like them. But enough about my 'love' life, I hear you and Ian are dating, is that true?

I was tempted to pause just to get his undivded attention but I wasn't going to force him to tell me anything, if there was anything to tell.
Back to top Go down
Mark Burke

Mark Burke

Friends :
Leon Ryder
Ian Lowry
Jecht Carson
Quinn Phoenix
Sandra Davies [Mum]
Tristan Hall

PostSubject: Re: Talking To My Roomie   Talking To My Roomie Empty4th January 2012, 1:48 pm

- I laugh.

Mark Burke
I wouldn't say we are together, together.

- I try and put it into words so he could understand.

Mark Burke
A lot was going on during the time Ian asked me to be with him. I knew that it was going to be a lot of work, but I was willing to put in that time to be with him. We all know he is a great guy. We .... died.

- I take a deep breath in and try and not think back to how much pain it was and how confusing it was.

Mark Burke
At THAT time.. we both NEEDED someone, even if it was to look at you and say.. How are you? You know? I had lost my mum, he felt alone. I think now everything is back to normal. He is one of my closest friends and I know his heart is not in it because we haven't spoke since and he is avoiding me. I don't want to lose his friendship but.. its not a relationship, at least its not going to be for much longer.

- I sigh.

Mark Burke
Its been a hard time for everyone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Talking To My Roomie   Talking To My Roomie Empty4th January 2012, 1:59 pm

I nod my head as I take in what Mark had to say. I smile at him as I speak.

Tristan Hall
Yeah, I can understand what you mean, it was a really stressful time. I think about all the things I did during the war, after you were gone. I never thought I'd help blow up a bridge, escape a mob that was trying to kill me and stand up to an evil dark lord.

I take in a very deep breath before exhaling and speaking again.

Tristan Hall
I know this will sound weird but when I faced off against Garrison and was speaking, you were the first person that came to my mind of who we lost. You were like the first person who saw me as a complete person and didn't mind my weird quirks. Not demoting my friendship with Justin or anything but I felt like we were going to be really good friends and it sucked that was taken away from me before it could happen.

I smile as I really look at Mark and speak.

Tristan Hall
And you know, whatever happens between you and Ian, I've always got your back. I know I won't always say the right thing or make total sense but know I mean well. It has been tough going but I'm just glad we all have a second chance and can really lean on our friends for support to get through all of this.

I nod my head firmly to punctuate the point. The funny thing with Mark, right now was one of the first times that I didn't feel like a stumbling mess, my thoughts were coming out clear and concise.
Back to top Go down
Mark Burke

Mark Burke

Friends :
Leon Ryder
Ian Lowry
Jecht Carson
Quinn Phoenix
Sandra Davies [Mum]
Tristan Hall

PostSubject: Re: Talking To My Roomie   Talking To My Roomie Empty7th January 2012, 3:53 am

- I put my hand out.

Mark Burke
I will have your back aswell.. Deal?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Talking To My Roomie   Talking To My Roomie Empty7th January 2012, 4:11 am

I take his hand and shake it.

Tristan Hall
Deal.

I let go of his hand and just smile at him.

Tristan Hall
Maybe sometime you could come down to the tennis courts with me, so I can show you I'm not a total nerd.
Back to top Go down
Mark Burke

Mark Burke

Friends :
Leon Ryder
Ian Lowry
Jecht Carson
Quinn Phoenix
Sandra Davies [Mum]
Tristan Hall

PostSubject: Re: Talking To My Roomie   Talking To My Roomie Empty10th January 2012, 11:37 am

- I nod my head.

Mark Burke
Sure
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Talking To My Roomie   Talking To My Roomie Empty10th January 2012, 11:48 am

I smile.

Tristan Hall
Great.

I nod my head.

Tristan Hall
Now that we've gotten the deep stuff out of the way, lets get back to the game. I have a Shooting Star Press I need to hit you with.

I laugh as I stick out my tongue at Mark.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Talking To My Roomie   Talking To My Roomie Empty

Back to top Go down

Talking To My Roomie
Page 1 of 1